Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The cork on dinner

This evening, as I was about to start one of the last of my massages today, I decided that I would have to have a cork on dinner tonight.  After all, it was going to be Chinese food night, and how I love to have some yummy wine with rice and veggies.  And then I realized that I only had Sangria instead of Moscato.  Oh well, that will have to do for now. 

So, we get home, and I take the bottle out of the fridge and go to walk outside with Thomas, who was going to stop smoking this morning, but, by 6 pm, he was dying for a smoke... so I went to walk out with him with the bottle, and he said that I can't take it out with me.  So I poured it into a coffee mug... one that was big enough to hold the rest of the wine.

There is much stress in my life the last few days.  I am at a lose as how to deal with it, so I have been trying to keep in it and not worry about it, but I am worried.  I hate to stress over anything, I chose to live by the mantra Que Sera Sera, and that's usually good enough for me.  Not today though.  The things that I have no control over are bothering me, because I have no control over them.  I do have control over certain things, but, there are bigger things in life than what's for dinner.  (For the record, eggs and wine aren't bad for dinner.  In fact, the more that I drink, the more fun I have trying to type :)

Today turned out to be pretty good.  Piper got all of her school work done for the day, including reading to me, doing math problems and word of the day.  This week, we are learning about science, space to be exact.  I love the stars.  I feel like I should be there sometimes, like, being here on earth is somehow foreign to me.  Could be the wine talking, but, still. 

The bad feelings of today will soon be replaced by sleep and in the morning, when I wake up, it will be a new day, and things are always possible with the sun rise, even when it's a bit overcast.  I am looking forward to tomorrow, I am not sure what the new day will bring, but, I am always excited by the possibilities of what could be.  I am eternally optimistic thinking only the best of life and people, though, reality will set in eventually and I will see that there are some who are not that good. 

Anyhow, we go outside and Piper comes out with her bubbles.  I didn't stay that long tonight, too many mosquito for my liking.  I came inside and started to drink more from my Christmas coffee mug.  The contents are now nearly gone, and soon, I will put small fry to bed. 

I haven't written much in the last few weeks, I have been trying to deal with the lack of a computer and when it is up and running, I need to let others use it.  I am hopeful that we will have another one soon, and that the one that I have will be repaired, but, for now, I will take what I can get.  I have had so many thoughts on life and music that I just can't remember where the beginning of it all was.  The other day, I was about to fall asleep and I was thinking about music and what I had to say about it, and it's gone now... I hate it when that happens. 

My head is starting to swim a bit from the wine, so I will cut this off now.  I do apologize for the incoherent ramblings tonight, too many thoughts and not enough time on the computer, or too much red wine and not enough food... who knows for sure .... Good night for now, Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment