Thursday, September 5, 2013

Bird Bath

Every morning, I let the bird out of its cage and he goes to the top of his little perch and poops.  Then he will go to the food and start eating.  What really makes me smile, is when I am home and I get to watch him take a bath.  He stands on the edge of the water, then tries to put his little foot in the water, and more or less throws water on top of himself to get wet.  He then climbs back to the top of the perch and fluffs to help dry out.  He's a cute little thing, very squawky though.  It's a daily thing for the bird to be squawking at 7 am.  He just wants sunflower seeds and peanuts and fresh fruit, but who can blame him.  We give him all sorts of good things, fruits, vegetables, juice, and it all makes his little feathers so bright and pretty.  His name is Raynbo, and he is a gold capped Amazon Conure.  I like the bird, we get along pretty well.  He has a fairly simple life, he eats and poops and takes a bath.  He tries to eat or attack anything with a black and white coloring, which is pretty funny to watch.  He needs a friend though.  We had found this beautiful bird, a Patagonian Conure and it was the nicest thing, but, couldn't afford to get him.  I hate going into pet stores and seeing these amazing little guys so happy to see you and all they want is for you to take them home and love them, and you have to walk away because you can't afford to pay that much money....  I know I should adopt from the pound or humane society, but either way, right now it's not in the cards. 

I am not feeling it today.  I have today and tomorrow off, but, today I will do three massages, maybe get paid for all of them, and then, who knows what tomorrow.  I am just wanting a vacation though.  I want to have a few days off where I don't have to go do anything else, just sit at home and relax.  I don't even know what the word relax means anymore, I have become so high strung these days.  I would like to have some sort of inspiration.  Something that makes me look at myself and think I can do that, or I can do better than what I am doing currently.  I know that great things are happening all the time, it's just, it would really nice to have them happen right now! This minute! 

While we were working for Medieval Mayhem, I went to the fortune teller.  She was a lovely woman, whom I really enjoy talking with.  She had good news for me, said I would be receiving a large windfall, just keep doing what I am doing, with all the work I do on improving myself.  I once got a bottle top that said I would have an unexpected large windfall coming soon... I DEMAND MY LARGE UNEXPECTED WINDFALL RIGHT NOW!!!!!  

I know, money isn't going to buy me happiness, and I can't solve all my problems with money, however, it's easier to cry in new car than on a bicycle.  It would solve my housing and car issues.  Both would be paid off.  It would solve the working issues, because, I would be able to do it because I wanted to, not because I have to.  It would solve the roller skating rink dilemma because I would be able to build it.  And as we all know, If you build it, they will come.  And it would solve that problem of not being near the ocean... I don't about you, but I need the ocean.  It feeds my soul, makes me feel like I'm home again.  For me, the only place that brings peace to me, is on the beach at night, looking at the stars.  That breeze, the smell of the salt, the waves crashing down on the shore, it's a place for me.  Even if I could only go see it once every few months, that would be good for me.  I can handle life with the ocean.  It's better than any drug out there, and is more powerful than anything on earth... and we are killing it.  I can't say how much it hurts my heart to see what a nuclear meltdown has done to our beautiful Pacific Ocean.  It was just as bad in the 60's when there was all that hydrogen bomb testing on Bikini Atoll... More than 60 bombs tested.. mushroom clouds in the forecast for the week...  Tumors on the animals for decades to come, and the water, is no good.  I think what really scares me about that is this:  In the Navy, while on deployment, we are on the ocean.  There is no getting fresh water from our supply ships, it's made from salt water.  If the salt water is polluted, how many Sailors are going to be affected by the radiation pollution from this?  Radiation exposure causes cancer, it's totally known throughout our society, how many Sailors are going to come up with any kind of cancer because of this. 

Now, I have heard that when Chernobyl went down, there was an idea that came up.  By planting sunflowers, these plants were able to absorb the radiation being put out from the meltdown.  What is taking so long then with this place?  I have also heard that my favorite plant can also do this, absorb the toxic radiation and help prevent the spread of the contamination, and yet, nothing is being done.  I don't understand it.  I hate that in my life time, too many companies have spilled shit into the ocean and then said, oops, my bad.  It's bad enough that we are over killing different species in the ocean, now we are making it worse for the ones that are still living in it.  Fucking humans. 

I can't say that I hate the technology of today.  I don't hate it, it's so easy to find out so many things.  In fact last night, while reading to Piper, we learned that all of the planets are named after Roman Gods, and some of the Titans, and we were able to cross reference them to the Greeks.  I am able to write and put out into the world, for all the world to see, my life.  I can see what my bank account is doing, what my friends are doing and saying and apply for a job within about a 20 minutes span.  It's amazing, but, there are things that I miss.  Talking to people, getting a phone call from someone I haven't heard from in a while, getting a letter from a friend.  I almost want to see if people still remember what a pen pal is.  I had one in fourth grade, from England.  I can't remember anything about her.  I would love to be able to do that again.  And to do that for Piper and Kelsie as well. 

I have been thinking about what would I like to do with my life... Just be is usually what I say, but, if I had to chose a career, I would want to empower women.  To give them an opportunity to be able to let go of social norms and feel like they belong somewhere.  To give them a new perspective on life, by giving them Derby.  Roller Derby.  I want them to see that you don't have to be pretty or thin or whatever American society thinks is beautiful to be beautiful... you are Fabulous just the way you are.  I want them to feel excitement and the thrill of the chase.  To tell them, you can be whatever you want, tattoos or not, pierced or not.  Leave it all on the track!  That is my mission... To show you that we may be in the man's world, but this is our house.  And we can and will kick your ass in fishnets on roller skates. 

Must be going now, I have things to get done before I go do the massages for today.  Some laundry, some dancing, maybe, do something fun with Thomas today...  Peace all

No comments:

Post a Comment