Friday, February 13, 2015

New goals and re-invention


I have been thinking the last few days about what do I want to accomplish for the next 5 years of my life... Not only what do I want to do, but, how am I going to get there as well.  I have found that there are some things that I want to do, though I am not sure how it is possible.  And there are some things that I only have less than awesome feelings about but I know I can do it if I set myself up to do it right. 

To start with, my friend Ferris told me when I got out of the Navy that I had the power to reinvent myself at that point and be whatever I wanted to be.  At the time I could only see myself as a sailor and that was it.  I had no idea that I hold the key to my own destiny.  It started slow, and gradually, I got to feel like a whole new person.  This took a long time, and I had to go through a lot of heartache to get there.  But to sum it up in the cliff notes version, I started simply.  I dyed my hair.  I had done blonde for long that I was just looking like I was trying to hard.  So, while visiting my friend Naomi in Mayport for Christmas, she dyed my hair black.  It was truly a switch and took a long time to get used to.  Then I started to do little things that I wanted to do.  I pierced things and some were totally new.  I got new tattoos where I could see them, thanks to the courage I got from Sonya, who had done an entire sleeve and it looked beautiful.  I started to see myself the way that I wanted to be.  I decided to go back to school and become some things great.  At the end of the whole adventure, I realized it had taken me about 3 to 4 years to get there, a lot of pain from breakups but, I was the person that I wanted to be now.  So, I set off to do a whole lot of things.  I was able to get some of it done, but there are parts that I have yet to complete. 

As it stands, here is my new goals for the next 5 years.

6 Months
-Thai Massage Certified
-Two vehicles for the family, one being able to travel a bit in

1 Year
-Saved half of the money needed to move to the coast
-Work for myself totally

3 Years
-Moved to the Pacific Northwest
-Yoga Instructor

5 Years
-Own House with lap pool
-Be AWESOME DAILY

That's not a lot of goals, but once I see them there, I know that they aren't so hard that I can't do them.  I know that it will take discipline and time and energy, but then again, anything worth doing, is worth doing right, so that's why there is the time frames the way they are. 

As a part of this, I have decided to really put myself out there for the world to see.  So, I will be adding something that to me is a scary thing.  I will be putting out a video series on YouTube starting next week.  The first series will be Becoming a Better You.  I am not sure how many videos it will have, but, I am thinking at least 5 - 10.  I will be putting one out a week and while this is really a big deal for me, I am hoping that by doing so, I will be able to help others see their worth and re0invent themselves too.  The idea of re-inventing oneself is not new, people change all the time, but this is my way of helping others to do it in a way that clears out the bad shit in their lives, which could include shit-heads as well, and make them into a better version of the old them.  So, stay tuned for that.  It's going to be big :) 

Anyhow, hope you all have a great weekend, and so for now, I am off for the weekend... Until Monday, be bad :) Look for the new video, I will let you all know when it will be up.  Hooray for new and exciting things!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment