Monday, June 17, 2013

The stuff of my nightmares

This evening, while talking to Thomas and Beau, we started to talk about the stuff of my nightmares.  I can say that for the whole of my life, when I have had a lot of stress going on, I will dream about scary things to me... sharks.  And not just sharks, obviously it would be a great white shark that's the size of Jaws, but we are talking about Meg. 

Sometime last summer, I had a dream about a shark, and for the first time in my life, I beat the shark.  I did it!!  I managed to get away from it and I did it!  It was the most amazing thing as far as dreams go and feeling like I had finally gotten over that.  I was so happy about being able to best that creature, it was like, defeating my scariest dream.  It was, by far, better than any really good steamy dream ever, I had conquered something great here.

Of course, I do have other things that give me the willies while I'm sleeping, dinosaurs.  I know, right, it's not like we have such an over population of those running around the planet, but still.  The last time that I had dream about them, it was enough to scare the shit out of me.  I hate dreaming about them.  Specifically, velociraptors and T-Rex in the style of Godzilla circa 1998, or the ones that were stalking the little boy in Jurassic park, not sure which one though.  I can honestly say that I am glad that I didn't live in the time of the dinosaurs, mainly due to this abnormal and irrational fear of them.  Having read the book Meg, by Steven Alton, it grimly describes what would happen if a Meg got a hold of a T-Rex.  Let's put it this way, it didn't end so well for the giant of the jungle.  I guess those little arms are no match for a 75 foot long shark with teeth that are bigger than my hands, and a set of jaws that we could play poker in.  It was a bad day for that poor unfortunate soul. 

Anyhow, so these dreams only come to me once in a while.  Mostly I dream about not things that scare me.  Although, I do have an occasional nightmare, but, it's not like they used to be.  I find it easy to avoid thoughts of sharks if I'm not watching movies about them right before bed.  Also, I still haven't seen Jurassic Park, any of them, so I think I can avoid dreaming about them.  I am glad for that :)

As for the things that I do like to dream about, there isn't anything really steamy going on, but, about once every few months, I dream about being on a ship.  Usually with sister, and for some reason, I am trying to find my space again.  And I can't seem to get my uniform on the right way, always I am missing some vital part of the uniform, like boots... or a belt.  But I am always underway, with my sister, who is still in the Navy, and I am trying to show her that I can do it, I am a good sailor.  It's an interesting thing really.  And then I have dreams about Lowe's... I don't understand why do I dream about places that I have worked?  I know it seems strange, but, I love trying to figure out what these dreams mean.  I just try not to get too worked up about it though, sometimes the dreams aren't that great and some I would rather not think about again.  Either way, I do like to dream.  I like to know that I am getting some good deep REM sleep, and that, is key to keeping me healthy, so, keep them coming, I can handle it :)  But I would rather have good ones, as opposed to bad ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment