Saturday, February 2, 2013

Groundhog's Day

The last couple of days/weeks, I have seen a lot of pictures of women who are super skinny and have no ass, or they have a huge ass and no body.  I have also become a fan of the Facebook page dedicated to curvy women.  I like curvy women.  I think that we, as a nation, as humans, need to be able to look at any women, and see her beauty, not a roll.  I'm not saying that we shouldn't see the beauty in a woman who is fit and lean or anything like that, but, I think that we should become a bit more tolerant of the ones who are not.  I think we should bring back the woman who has curves and loves her body.  The one who will go out to eat and order a beer and red meat.  The one who eats a baked potato with sour cream and bacon. 

As I am writing this today, I am drinking a beer, eating artichoke and spinach dip with tortilla chips.  It has been a long road that I have been down with the constant battle with my body.  I am beginning to love the body that I have.  It's not a size 2 or 8 or even a 16.. more like a 12 ish.  I really do enjoy working out and I know that it's something that makes me feel good.  I don't have to be a smaller size to feel like I'm a beautiful woman though.  I have a beautiful smile, and a beautiful spirit.  I try to look for the bright side to every thing and see only the good in others.  I need to be more realistic in my judgments of others of course, but, my heart is nearly always in the right place.  My career is that of helping others and I love that!

My body is a place where I have carried my beautiful daughter, Piper.  She gave me stretch marks and I no longer view them as an ugly thing.  I see them as a physical reward to something that I made it though to the end.  Pregnancy was not the easiest thing for me, and I am so glad that I have those reminders of my little angelfish everyday... She is my heart and soul and I couldn't be happier with her.  She's a sweet little thing.  I carry the reminders of people who have made me who I am as tattoos on my body.  The car, my dream car.  The rose, a dare from a guy that I liked.  The fire, because that's me.  The girl on the mushroom with the words Angel under it, again, that's me, but David always called me his 'lil Angel'.  The ones on my back, because I wanted them there.  The Libra sign on my wrist, another one that is me... The stars, the sparrow, and flowers, because I wanted to be 'that girl with the tattoos on her arm and neck'.  I have big boobs and trust me, I love them!!! I love to show them off.  I love to have every man in a room stare at them, because they are real and they are beautiful!

I know that I am not going to ever be a size 2 or 4 or 6, but, I wouldn't mind making it to 8.  I know that that takes a lot of work and dedication and effort of putting only good things into my body... I do workout about 3 days a week, but, I love my food. 

I think that there is a lot of pressure for women to look a certain way in America.  We look at actresses and singers and think that we should look like that and we will find a man who will love us.  We want to feel sexy and love the way that we look.  But, what is so wrong with the way we look?  Why do we think we need a man for us to feel sexy?  I am saying this because, I there are too many women out there who shouldn't look at themselves and critique what they see. 

I read something today about a woman who had taken a family picture and when her mom and dad look at this photo, they see family that they worked hard to raise.  Her brother got away with wearing shorts in this photo, and she saw her smile... she was right about the way we look at ourselves.  We are our own worst enemy. 

My body isn't perfect and I am the only one in my house that looks at the fat parts of it and dislikes what I see.  My boyfriend loves my hips and my boobs and that I have a figure.  He loves that there is something to hold onto.  He loves to try to sleep between my breasts, it's kind of cute.  He loves that I have an ass to slap, not that I always like it when he does.  My goal is to love my body as much as he does.  This one goes back to the whole, be my own model! I can do this, I can do this!!!

So, for all you women out there, who are not the size 2 that you think you want to be, embrace the way you are today.  Embrace the qualities that make you, you.  Embrace your size and become a woman that YOU love... YOU are the one who needs to love you, not a man, not a woman, not anyone, but you.  Once you have the idea through you head that it's OK to love yourself, everyone who tells you that they love you for you, will be received a lot better.  I used to listen to my ex-husband tell me that I was beautiful and I would say yeah whatever... once I started to love myself, it was so much easier to hear that I was beautiful and to really believe it (it wasn't until we were divorced that I liked myself).

Here is to you, you are a beautiful woman, see your own beauty... Love yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment