Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Inspiration

For those that know me well, it's been a fact, for some time, that I love the movie Bridget Jones' Diary.  In fact, I relate to this woman, make believe as she is, in a very strange way.  While watching it, once again, this past Friday night, it gave me an idea, more like, an inspiration.  So in classic Bridget Jones style, I have decided to tell the truth about Julie Wood, the whole truth.

Height 5'3"
Weight 180 lbs
Alcohol units, not enough for sure
Cigarettes, none
Boyfriend, Thomas
Children/Stepchildren 2, Kelsie and Piper
Home, Rent
Financial status, not great, yet
Job, Massage Therapist

So there you have it.. my life in a nutshell, as least a few parts of it.  And for the most part, I am so happy that I think it's truly unfair to share with people because some others have it so much worse than I do.  I have a love that a few years ago, I would not have even dreamed possible.  I have an amazing girls that are so wonderful in so many ways, I am lucky that they have chosen me in their lives.  I have a job that I went to school and studied for.  I am good at what I do! I love my job!! I love being able to drive to work everyday, that 25 minutes of time to myself is so nice.  It helps me to focus and think of anything I want.  I relax a lot too, unless it's icy out, in which case, I just turn up the music and grip the steering wheel a little tighter, and sing. 

There are the things that I would like to work on about myself, because as the old saying goes, "you are perfect just the way you are.   You could use a little improvement."  I can't find where I saw it, but, I know it was by someone good.  So, with that in mind, I thought that if I could put my intentions for my own improvements, that maybe, someone, somewhere would be able to help hold me accountable to these improvements that I would like to make. 

Improvements:

1. To say nice things about myself.  I have a tendency to say that I'm the fat one, or the chunky one, or the one who is or isn't a certain way.  I am a Beautiful, Strong, Smart Woman.  I can do anything that I set my mind to.

2. To be my own model.  I see these pictures of women who are super skinny and tattooed and wish that I would could be like that.  I need to embrace that way that I am RIGHT NOW, instead of the way that I wish I could be.  I have curves, and I have stretch marks, and I have some pretty little feet.  I am the way that I am, and I am going to love it... Every minute of it. 

3. To accept a workout challenge and to stick with it to the end of the challenge.  I have accepted a 90 day challenge to workout with my favorite Beachbody workout, which is, Slim in 6, and I want to make it the full 90 days. It starts on February 4th.  Even if I have to skip or miss a day or two for whatever reason, I want to finish it and see what I can do! My only goal for it, is to finish it and see what it's going to look like on the other side of those 90 days.

4. Do the dishes more than what I do.  Thomas does them for the most part and I love that he does, but, I think I should be doing more of the housework.  The dishes, I can handle.  Cleaning the bathroom, not so much. 

5. To let Thomas take over the household financial responsibilities.  I have done this for two plus years now, and I think I can let him take a turn on it.  I guess we will see how that goes :)

6. To write.  A lot.  About my day, and my intentions, the daily struggle, the daily grind, and how I am doing at working on my own improvements.  I used to keep a journal when I was married, and after reading how much we used to fight all the time, I decided that I didn't want to have a relationship like that again, but, I wanted to write.  And then, I got rid of all of them.  I wanted to clean out my negative writing and start a new.  So, this is, in my own way, a journal or diary of my life.

I am a bit of a nut job I think, but, being a female, I am pretty crazy by nature.  I have a slightly skewed vision of what I think, but, it's OK, because, for the most part, I love the way that I am.    My life is rich.  I have a beautiful home, family, career.  I have love and happiness and I am blessed in every way. Really, the only thing that I would like to have more of, is the money that goes with being rich.  But, I have been working on that one :)

So there you have it.  My life and my improvements.  I am a lucky woman... and I get to share my journey with you now... it's going to be an amazing, wonderful, richly great year!!!
Keep in mind, life always has it's ups and downs and I'm sure that I will have mine, but, I try to keep a smile on my face, and think happy thoughts... I'm a realist, I expect miracles!!! They happen everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment