Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Break through

The other day, and today also, I realized that in order for me to be able to better myself, I am going to have to be the one to do things for myself.  I may not have all the answers yet, but, I continue to look for them, and I continue to really look to find myself, as cliché as that sounds. 

I hate to admit it, but, I spend way too much time playing on Facebook.  It's not that I don't find some really great recipes or some really funny things to look at.  In fact, that is how I keep in touch with so many of the people that I love.  I get to see what's going on in their lives and that's so awesome that they want to keep me in their circle.  I love getting little messages from different ones too.  I love to see what my cousins are doing, especially Brittany, she cracks me up, and to be honest, I have never met her.  But, now, I think that I will take that much needed break from that place.  I have to find a new reason to play on the computer.  I have things that I would like to do, and if I'm on Facebook all the time, I can't be doing what I need to be doing. 

So, it's with this thought in mind, that I'm going to take a break from Facebook.  Not forever or anything like that, I will still go on once a month to promote my  blog and hopefully gather awareness for some of the things that matter to me, but, really, it because, I just don't want it to be something that is so important to me.  I want to see what kind of cool things I can accomplish if I'm not constantly looking at people who have already succeed in what I want to do.  Like, drop some of this extra weight that is really starting to bring me down.  None of my pants fit me, and instead of doing something about it, I am on the computer checking out what fun pictures I can find of cats.  I have to really take control of the things that I can control.  I have to be a good role model for the girls and I can't do that if the model that I am setting is not one that I am very proud of. 

I am going to put a post on there tonight about breaking up with Facebook for a while.  One of my friends wasn't on there for 40 days, and in fact, I think it was longer than that.  I did it when we didn't have the Internet and so, I think that I will do that again.  I am going to continue to write about things that matter to me here, but, no more seeing pictures of asses, or of American stick figures.  No more will I look at the pictures of what other people are doing, I will have to hold myself accountable with out the support of that online group.  I may be happier in the long run too. 

What am I going to do then?  Well, I have set some goals for myself.  The first is the working out thing.  I have a goal of no Facebook until September 28th.  The last day of the Farmers Market will be my last day without Facebook.  In that time, I am going to attempt to lose approximately 30 pounds.  And, yes, I could stand to lose that much.  I have put much thought about this, and I think that I am going to do a lot more rice and fish and a lot less candy and bread.  I am going to be starting up my Slim in 6 again, as well as doing Zumba Flat abs and some sort of abdominal routine too.  This could potentially put my workout time to nearly 2 hours a day towards the end and doing this for 6 days a week.  I might tapper off a little bit, but, who knows.  I am also going to try out an online blog of some sort.  It's designed to help make some more income, and trust me, I could really use some help with that.  In fact, I am thinking about a career change or at least a venue change could be in the works for us.  I have yet to decide on that one though.  I have to do something different though, this isn't working. 

I had to do some serious thinking this past week, and really I have come to the conclusion that Colorado or California may really be in the works for us.  I know that I have some damn good skills with what I do, but, I don't know how it's going to happen yet, or if it's even going to happen yet.  Unless of course, I somehow make millions of dollars and decide to just travel and go everywhere and see everything and experience all that life has to offer.  That would be ideal... so would my roller skating rink though too :)

Anyhow, I have some meal planning to do, and some working out to do.  There will likely be a post on Facebook once a month but, other than that, it's time for me to break up with it.  Much as it pains me to do so, I think this is for the best.  Night all... Peace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment