Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring Break is upon us...

Today is the last day of school before spring break... for some, like Piper, spring break started yesterday... Oh to be young and have a four day school week.  I am all for having a four day work week, but really, I would rather go for a three day work week... Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from about 7 to 2.  That is the ideal work week, though it's more ideal to not have to work and I could just travel the world and have fun, and not have to work at all... Soon, hopefully :)

Yesterday morning, I helped Piper clean her room before she could go to Grandma's house for the night.  We started by changing the comforter from the one under the bed... which entailed getting everything out from under her bed and making her bed.  She was a trooper.  We cleaned and cleaned and cleaned some more.  Then, we went through two bags of clothes from Hannah to see what would fit and what we can use now.  By the time that we finished, we had started at 9:30 A.M, it was about 12:15 P.M.  We were both sneezing and had snotty noses.  I hate dust and grim and icky things!  Her room is so clean right now.  It's been vacuumed and smells nice now too.  She's ready for her first hosting a slumber party next weekend.  Hopefully, she will keep it that way so she can have a nice clean room for the event. 

Now, I have to get to cleaning my room.  It's not that bad, I just have clutter on the surfaces of all my dressers and things.  I have to go through and clean that, and dust.  I hate to dust, it makes me so sick to have to breath that in.  Maybe I will go get some paint respirators and go from there... Not only that, the fan blades really should be taken down and washed off.  They are really bad too.  I think I will save this little project from Thursday when I have a few days off... or not... Maybe I will just do it later this week, or perhaps every day and work a little at a time. Who knows with that one... I could just do it today too... I guess time will tell what I decide to do today.

I am pretty excited about having some days off this week for spring break.  Granted, it's only Thursday and Friday, but, I am happy about spending time with the girls.  Should be a lot of fun for us all.  Maybe I will be able to start spring break with a nice massage, but, I'm not going to count on it.  For now, it's off to do my squats, and brush my teeth and get my contacts in.  And then, off to a Sunday.  I like days like this :)  Nice, peaceful, relaxing, yet, I am still able to get things done like the laundry and cleaning up a bit... I'm already in such a good mood!!

No comments:

Post a Comment