Thursday, March 14, 2013

Feeling Jazzy today...

This morning, I was going through Facebook, like every morning, and I saw something that a friend had put up about a guy we had gone to school with.  His name is Spencer Day, was on the first season of American Idol, and now, is being featured in the Huffington Post, a guest on Craig Ferguson and so on.  He is a musician, which comes as no surprise to anyone of us who knew him when.  So, over to YouTube I go, and I see some of the stuff that he has done.  Next, I ventured over to iTunes and preview the entire new CD that came out yesterday or the day before.  WOW!! I am so loving this! Today, I think will be a jazzy kind of day. 

It's kind of funny, what I remember of him.  Nothing bad or anything like that, although, we did get into a fight once in Jr. high and he couldn't ride the bus for a while because of it.  He was the kind of guy that everyone loved.  It seemed that everyone seemed to gravitate towards this kid who was so loud and so fun.  I do remember watching the BR news (trying not to laugh about that one either :) and seeing him and Chris Foster doing a version of Enter The Dragon.  It was quite the funny episode of the daily school news.  We also were in Speech and Debate together and while most of my memories of high school elude me, (must be the enormous amounts of Mountain Dew that I drank) I do remember being in the van going to Phoenix for the ASU tournament.  All of us wanted to sleep and we were so tired and Spencer was talking the whole way down there.  I do remember watching the sun come up and thinking how beautiful it was, listening to him and Devin doing some sort of improv comedic thing... they were always making all of us laugh. Good times :)

And, as I was reading this article from the Huffington Post, it's about him coming out, I was so impressed and so happy for him.  It made me grin ear to ear about how well he has done and that he's taking the world by storm.  All I could do was to repost the article and say how excited I was for him, because, I really am happy for him.  Between him, Brig and Brandon, I am surprised that it's taken this long to hear about one of them.  Such a talent that these brothers have, it's really no wonder that Spencer is doing great.  I truly wish him the best of luck, and he's got a new forever fan!! I love the music, can't wait to see him in concert... again... though, I'm not too sure how much the choir really counts as a concert at this point.  If that's the case, then I have seen him in concert, a lot. 

Well done Spencer!!! I'm so happy for you, and hope only for the best for you and your life <3 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment