Thursday, April 16, 2015

Petition

In our country, we have the great belief that if enough people pull together, we can change things.  I tend to believe that it's true.  We can do great things if we unify and see the outcome for all, instead of thinking only of ourselves. 

I have been able to serve in our military, the Navy specifically.  I have seen the world three times over (it's covered in water) and I love the fact that so many people love our country.  And it's strange to me that so many of the people who are in charge of our country, our elected officials and appointed officials have a vested interest in another country. 

You see, these people are dual citizens.  They can go to their other home country and vote in elections and raise a family there if they chose.  But, they are here, in the United States, making decisions for the people of our country.  Hmmmmm....

Now, I have no problems with those who are dual citizens.  I have a close friend who has dual citizenship.  However, she is not in a public office that requires an election nor has she been appointed to an office.  This is something near and dear to me.  I feel that we the people should stand up for this.  There is no reason to ever have an elected official who has dual citizenship.  Their loyalty would come into question on foreign policies in every single situation.  I think it's important that we stand together and say no more to this. 

Help me out... Sign this for me, tell the White House that our government needs to only be loyal to one country.  Our country, the United States is the one country they should be loyal to.  To sign the petition already in progress, click here.

With the world as it is right now, I have a hard time with current events.  They leave me feeling like I want to vomit most of the time.  There are so many horrible things going on every day in so many different countries, that, it boggles the mind.  For now though, we should really stop and take a good look at ourselves and see what kind of changes can we make in our own homes, our towns, our states and specifically, our governments, state and federal.  I am not saying that you should not be able to hold an office if you have been a Naturalized citizen, or if you are seeking citizenship.  What I would love to see is that for our government, we shouldn't have dual citizens.  Too many lives at stake when those in charge are trying to make deals with other countries and they are trying to do what's best for both countries, instead of saying, what is best for the American people.  Sign this... It's a good thing.  Let's stand together on this one.  Click Here for the information and site.

No comments:

Post a Comment