Thursday, July 3, 2014

Monday's Ruling

Please forgive the spelling on this one, I have yet to figure out how to use spellcheck on this computer.  Mine used to do it automatically... I miss my computer.

I don't have the internet at home, and I don't have cable.  I usually watch movies, play video games (on the PS 2) and spend time hanging out with the family.  While on Facebook this week, I saw something that was so disturbing for me, I just wanted to move out of this country.

I saw that the United States Supreme Court, the highest court in our country, said that it's ok for small businesses to not provide women with birth control if it goes against their very high standards of their religion.  WHAT???  ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME???!!!  Since when is any corporation in the right by telling any female what kind of contraception is acceptable for their use?  I have this belief that the highest form of government is made up mostly of men who still want to keep all the women in our county under their thumbs.  We are suppose to be barefoot, pregnant, in the kitchen, right?  I mean, hell, isn't that what every woman dreams of?  Or is it closer to a nightmare kind of thing?  I know for me it is.  I can handle the barefoot and in the kitchen, but, whoa. 

So let me tell you about what planned parenthood is really all about, because it seems to me that many out there think that it's only abortions and that, that is immoral and illegal and should be stopped at all cost.  Planned parenthood is about being smart about your future.  If you are a young woman, who, isn't in any committed relationship, because believe it or not, there are women out there who don't want to be with anyone, this is a way of ensuring they don't get pregnant when they are not ready for kids.  Birth control is a smart and responsible thing to do when you know that you're not ready for it.  By saying that it goes against gods law, well, let's just say that, this isn't the dark ages and we are not fucking cavemen.  We are smart society (not all of us, but, let's just say for the benefit of the doubt that we are), with different opportunities than that of ancient Rome.  Women are leaders of nations now days, with the option to have a family or not.  To have a relationship with any person they chose or not.  To get married, or not.  To live the whole of their lives depending only on themselves for everything that they need.   There is no, you have to get married or you will have to go be a nun at a temple.  There is no you have to only take care of a man or you will be an outcast.  We are living in the 21st century for fuck's sake and half of my country are living their lives according to a book that was written for the time, which was just about 2000 years ago.  Wow, are you that blind to not see that times have changed since then? 

Back to the topic... Planned parenthood is for all people, young couples who don't want to have kids, because believe it or not, there are people out there like that.  Young women who don't want to have any relationship right now, but, don't mind going out and taking care of some needs.  They don't want to have kids, they want to live and have fun and not worry about having to take care of anyone else, other than their spouse or themselves.  And there is nothing wrong with that.  Not a single thing!! We live in a country where it is ok to have more than one child, in fact, we live in a country where it's ok to broadcast teenagers getting pregnant and it's so cool to have a kid at 16.  We live in a country where choices are made everyday that will effect the whole of the women in this country and no one seems to be seeing this.. Well, not no one, there are many who see this as a huge step backwards for women.  Even my mother was just disgusted with this.  And I don't blame her at all.  I just don't see how this happened.

I have seen a lot of women saying that it's so wrong to have an abortion and that it's not fair to kill an unborn child and yet, they say because this is killing and the bible clearly says that we shouldn't kill.  Do these same women know that the bible also says that if a woman is divorced from her husband, we should stone her to death... my guess is no.  I have seen them say, "I just don't understand why anyone would do that."  And here's the thing, it's not for you to understand someone else's journey in this life.  It's for them to understand, it's for you to accept and respect their decision and choice they made for themselves.  If it was for you to understand, we would all go through the exact same thing and no one would ever have anything else happen to them and we would all be Stepford wives.  How fun would that be? 

My opinion is really that the men in this country are still trying to keep women under their thumbs, to keep us barefoot, pregnant, in the kitchen and to ensure that they stay in power.  I have news for you men, it's not going to happen.  I think that the grand ole party just lost the presidential race and I think women are going to be a lot more angry with the politicians this time around. 

After all the things that we as women have fought for in the country, after all the women who have came before us have died trying to get their rights, our lives are still not our own.  I don't think I'm off base here, and if you think differently than I do, right on.  That's what was great about where we live.  But, it's slipped the soily edges of the earth and if I was female and lived anywhere else in the world, the United States is now last on my list of anywhere I would want to live.  How sad it's become.  That is all for now.  Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment